The term employee welfare refers to the activities that the organization performs for its employees to create a sense of common purpose and care for its employees. It is performed to create a culture of open communication and teamwork. It is done because working as a team is the most effective way of doing business.
Employee welfare encompasses activities that create a sense of belonging towards an organization. It is one of many ways for people to feel heard, cared for, to be informed and to be involved. It is a step towards creating an “open door” policy. As a result of creating bonhomie amongst employees; organizations take the next leap – towards moving from good to great. Becoming a great organization transforms the organization towards becoming an industry leader.
Some of the aims of our employee welfare programs are:
- To foster respect and trust among all employees
- To promote greater openness in all communications and dealings
- To promote teamwork across cultural and ethnic boundaries
- To ensure equal opportunity and fair treatment for everyone in the organization
It is equally important to ensure that leaders and employees at all levels of the organization are aligned to the culture of the organization, and living it. Therefore we recommend consistent employee welfare programs over time to bring about a large change. “It is not about doing great things once; but doing small things repeatedly to bring about a large change.”
The key deliverables are:
- Generating alternatives for employee welfare activities
- Outlining the plan of the welfare activities post finalization of alternatives
- Implementing employee welfare activities and monitoring the success
- Sharing employee feedback with top management on a regular basis